Staggered refresh

Add your feature request here

Staggered refresh

Postby meh » 26 Sep 2020, 18:18

It would be great to have an option to start a staggered refresh of all shared folders, one after another in a serial fashion. When I hit full refresh, AirDC++ just goes mental with "must refresh everything, right now!!!" and the whole UI freezes for insane amount of time. Any chance for such option, please?
meh

Re: Staggered refresh

Postby maksis » 27 Sep 2020, 09:24

Is this the same as the existing setting "Settings -> Sharing options -> Multithreaded file list refresh -> Never" ?
maksis
Site Admin

Postby meh » 24 Oct 2020, 16:19

maksis wrote:Is this the same as the existing setting "Settings -> Sharing options -> Multithreaded file list refresh -> Never" ?

I thought this setting is about the "hashing" part and wouldn't exceed a number of threads related to cpu somehow, but it's the disk folder browsing part before that that was giving me issues, seemed like there is no "thread" limit on how many disks it browses at one time.
meh

Postby maksis » 25 Oct 2020, 18:31

meh wrote:
maksis wrote:Is this the same as the existing setting "Settings -> Sharing options -> Multithreaded file list refresh -> Never" ?

I thought this setting is about the "hashing" part and wouldn't exceed a number of threads related to cpu somehow, but it's the disk folder browsing part before that that was giving me issues, seemed like there is no "thread" limit on how many disks it browses at one time.

That setting isn't about the hashing part, it's what you are asking for in this feature request (unless I've misunderstood it). Did you try the value that I suggested?

meh wrote:seemed like there is no "thread" limit on how many disks it browses at one time.

There's a limit; it shouldn't exceed the number of CPU threads.
maksis
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests