Hiding Files (not skiplist)

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Hiding Files (not skiplist)

Postby lyinggod » 29 Aug 2018, 01:41

I believe that In some versions of DC++ there is the ability to hide files from being shared without actually removing them from the list of hashed files. Is there a way to configure AirDC++ to do this. I have files that I don't want to accidentally download again but I also dont want to share for corruption or low quality issues. Skiplist appears to completely remove files from the hash database and not simply remove them from the filelist.

Thanks
lyinggod

Re: Hiding Files (not skiplist)

Postby maksis » 29 Aug 2018, 09:35

I don't think that's possible at the moment. Why do you want to keep those files in the hash database even if you don't want to share them?
maksis
Site Admin

Re: Hiding Files (not skiplist)

Postby lyinggod » 29 Aug 2018, 11:47

maksis wrote:Why do you want to keep those files in the hash database even if you don't want to share them?

It is not too uncommon for me to download from someone's share a file (pdf, mp3, etc) that has been corrupted or is extremely low quality. If I delete the file, then I might download it again while searching for a functional copy. Currently, I add "corrupt" to the file name drop the corrupted file into a folder marked "bad" but those files occasionally get downloaded by others as part of their own client auto-searches since they probably aren't purposefully downloading a corrupt files (I assume). If the file is hidden from others, then I am not contributing to the distribution of defective files. :o
lyinggod

Return to The Help Desk