Adding files to Download Queue from outside AirDC++

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Adding files to Download Queue from outside AirDC++

Postby davidson » 15 Apr 2018, 22:12

I am looking to switch from a popular DC++ client and am investigating AirDC++'s suitability to fulfil my requirements.

Currently, once every month or so I download file lists from a bunch of bots and users across hubs, then feed them all to my custom script. The script formats the entries (if required), de-duplicates them, gets rid of stuff I definitely don't care for (based on keywords) and so on and so forth, then divides the remaining entries into two separate databases - DB1 (let's call it) for those that match my regularly updated want list and DB2 for everything else (that I look into from time to time to see if there's anything worth downloading). Finally, it exports all the entries from DB1 in the following simple format to my existing client's Queue.xml:

Code: Select all
<Download Target="Drive:\Path\to\Download\Folder\FileName.ext" Size="File_Size_in_Bytes" TTH="Tiger_Tree_Hash">
</Download>

It's as simple as that, and all I have to do is launch the client and off it goes dutifully downloading everything that's been externally added to its download queue.

Now my question is, how do I replicate this with AirDC++? Air seems to employ some sort of 'bundles' concept, so I found that starting a few test downloads and quitting in between resulted not in a single Queue.xml but separate Bundle*.xml files under AirDC++\Settings\Bundles (I'm using 3.42 x64, portable version for now, on Win10 if it matters). I'm not sure how these XMLs are created (1 per file to be downloaded? 1 per 'bundle'?), how they're named and so on, so I'm unable to generate my own as required and adding to existing ones didn't seem to work.

In short, how do I add files to AirDC++'s download queue from an external source (my script in this case)?
davidson

Re: Adding files to Download Queue from outside AirDC++

Postby maksis » 16 Apr 2018, 08:06

davidson wrote:In short, how do I add files to AirDC++'s download queue from an external source (my script in this case)?

You should use the API: https://airdcpp.docs.apiary.io
maksis
Site Admin

Postby davidson » 17 Apr 2018, 13:32

maksis wrote:You should use the API: https://airdcpp.docs.apiary.io

Thanks, but do you have any idea how I can go about calling it via AutoIt?
davidson

Postby maksis » 17 Apr 2018, 14:02

You can call it with regular HTTP methods. I'm not familiar with AutoIt, but you could just use Basic HTTP authentication when sending the requests: https://github.com/airdcpp-web/airdcpp- ... entication (you just need to find out how to do the same thing with your tools)
maksis
Site Admin

Return to The Help Desk