Downloading From Alternatives

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Downloading From Alternatives

Postby Harumph » 18 Dec 2017, 19:17

Hello, I recently installed AirDC and of all the DC clients I've tried I'm most happy with it! It does everything the way I want, but I am having just one problem. When I click on a file to download and it searches for alternatives, it does seem to find them, but takes a very long time to connect to them, if ever. For instance, I downloaded a batch of about 15 files I found from one filelist, and not long into the process I could see it had found 7-10 sources for each file, but AirDC just kept downloading from the one source, which isn't fair to him. I would prefer that AirDC quickly find sources, and instantly utilize them to keep for taking all of one user's bandwidth.

The only other thing I would change if I knew how, though it's not such a problem, is, for instance, I search for a file. Maybe I get 10 or so sources in the result. Of these, some users have different file names for the same TTH. In any other client I've used, I can select all, right click over the file with the name I prefer, and the client would download the file with that name and still download from all the sources. It's not a dealbreaker to not have this but I would like to if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for any help here, and thank you very much for a great client!
Harumph

Re: Downloading From Alternatives

Postby maksis » 19 Dec 2017, 11:00

Harumph wrote:For instance, I downloaded a batch of about 15 files I found from one filelist, and not long into the process I could see it had found 7-10 sources for each file, but AirDC just kept downloading from the one source, which isn't fair to him. I would prefer that AirDC quickly find sources, and instantly utilize them to keep for taking all of one user's bandwidth.

Yeah, the application attempts to minimize the number of downloads (and the slots consumed from other users) by default. It should start downloading from other users as soon as the download speed drops though. You may adjust the download limits under "Settings" -> "Speed & Slots" -> "Download limits".

Harumph wrote:In any other client I've used, I can select all, right click over the file with the name I prefer, and the client would download the file with that name and still download from all the sources.

Which other clients have you used? At least you should be able to queue the file from a single user (with the correct name) and then select the other wanted users and add them as sources (or alternatively let the client search for alternates). If you select multiple results, I think that it will use the name of the first (uppermost) selected result.
maksis
Site Admin

Return to The Help Desk