Share Profile Backup

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Share Profile Backup

Postby Askavenger » 13 Jul 2017, 04:48

Any method or known procedure to backup a share profile. The reason I am asking is the updates for AirD++ webclient usually deletes all settings and user data when installed. I use the web client on my QNAP, it's installed via qpkg. The last time I updated I lost my share profile which was around 12TB. I was under the assumption user data/settings would remain intact. It takes a very long time to hash all 12TB of data, so is there a way to backup my settings and share profile to make it easier for next time?
Askavenger

Re: Share Profile Backup

Postby maksis » 13 Jul 2017, 07:25

You should be able to just backup the application settings directory. I'm not sure that how the qpkg version works or where it has been configured to store its settings but regular versions should never lose settings while updating (I haven't heard of that before).

By default, portable versions will store the settings inside the application directory itself and non-portable builds will store them inside user's home directory (~/.airdc++). Those locations can be customized though, and if the settings location was changed by the package author for some reason, the application won't be using the old settings automatically.

You might consult the qpkg package author for information about the setting locations.
maksis
Site Admin

Re: Share Profile Backup

Postby Askavenger » 13 Jul 2017, 18:17

Thank you. I will investigate the install directory.
Askavenger

Return to The Help Desk