Can not search through Own File list anymore?

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Can not search through Own File list anymore?

Postby tbeer » 04 Apr 2017, 17:32

When I hit Browse Own List and then try to 'Find' something, it does not show anything anymore? What could be wrong?

I got Windows 10 & AirDC++ 3.31

Weird thing is, this used to work, but now when I click on Find and whahtever I try to search, result is nothing happening :(
tbeer

Re: Can not search through Own File list anymore?

Postby maksis » 04 Apr 2017, 21:44

https://bugs.launchpad.net/airdcpp/+bug/1639326

The search functionality in filelists is currently a bit too complicated (unreliable). I'm not sure what to do with it at this point.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby tbeer » 05 Apr 2017, 07:50

Hmm I hope this gets fixed very soon, it used to work perfectly so they can fix it back I suppose?
tbeer

Postby maksis » 05 Apr 2017, 08:40

There's a bigger issue with the feature as it's causing constant issues. I don't want to keep on fixing them and no one else seems to be interested in doing that either. I should probably disable the feature until a better solution is found. There are various file searching utilities available that can be used in the meantime.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby tbeer » 05 Apr 2017, 08:42

maksis wrote:There's a bigger issue with the feature as it's causing constant issues. I don't want to keep on fixing them and no one else seems to be interested in doing that either. I should probably disable the feature until a better solution is found. There are various file searching utilities available that can be used in the meantime.

Which can you recommend? I need a Search utility that indexes all my hard disks and nas disks ...
tbeer

Postby maksis » 05 Apr 2017, 09:43

Hmm, I'm not sure. I run AirDC++ Web Client directly on my Linux NAS and I use Linux-specific utilities when needed. Maybe someone else is more familiar with ones used on Windows.

One way to solve the issue in AirDC++ would be to use the regular search tab also when searching from specific users/own share.
maksis
Site Admin

Return to The Help Desk