user count

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

user count

Postby xander » 15 Dec 2012, 22:58

is there a way to set the user count so that it matches the way dc++ counts the users minus the bots ? for example dc++ shows an accurate user count ,, and if not , what is the reasoning for the way users are counted with airDC ?
xander

Re: user count

Postby maksis » 11 Mar 2013, 23:07

This will be fixed in version 2.50
maksis
Site Admin

Postby 4C3T » 10 Jan 2021, 23:57

I was just about to ask the same thing. Seems like someone's removed that function...
Why? If the entire thing was rewritten I could understand it.

I find it annoying since the client is obviously able to distinguish between users and bots, so it should by default omit these in the count (And possibly a mouse-over could reveal x number of bots).

As a hub-owner it's annoying to see this. Although I'm not running a crap-load of bots, I still have to subtract these every time. Especially if you're on several hubs it can be really annoying.

So, hope this bump does something. Cheerios! :D
4C3T

Postby maksis » 14 Jan 2021, 15:44

Looks like it has also been changed in DC++, as the user counts reported by DC++ and AirDC++ are identical. I'm fine with including bots in the user count.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby 4C3T » 14 Jan 2021, 17:09

Still, would be nice to see how many of which is users or bots within parentheses.
Makes a ton of difference when counting number of users. Some hubs have a crap-load of bots, like 10 or so, and that's where it'd be really useful.

It would also be nice to have a count similar to that of slots and hubs.
I mean like xx/yy/zz where x = users, y = admins and z = bots. This should be displayed in that bar under user-listings beneath the filter-function where it usually displays user-count.

That would probably be highly appreciated by many.
How to implement this I wouldn't have the faintest, but seeing as how the client changes icons for these plus it distinguishes traffic from bots (if it even sees bots other than messages from them), it shouldn't be all that impossible?
Perhaps even one could manually choose these to exclude from the user-count and mark them as bots?

Just tossing a few ideas.
4C3T

Return to The Help Desk