Change the download location for the filelists

If you got some trouble or need help configuring AirDC++, we're here to help

Change the download location for the filelists

Postby djapa » 26 Feb 2013, 01:08

Since i am using a SSD as my main drive which i have my OS installed i don't wan't to write the filelists to the be downloaded to that drive as it will degrade it.

How can i change the directory where the filelists are being downloaded to the same drive i have my download location set to?

Thanks!
djapa

Re: Change the download location for the filelists

Postby maksis » 26 Feb 2013, 11:45

Try editing "ConfigPath" from the file "dcppboot.xml" that is located next to the executable file. The file is included in the portable version if you don't have it yet. Note that there is no separate setting to only change the file list path so it will change the location for other config files too.

But what comes to the reason why you want to move the directory, I wouldn't be worried about the SSD. I've used SSDs for 4 years in various computers as the main disk (Intel, OCZ, Kingston...), and I haven't had any problems with them. And yes, I do a lot of writing (for example making a full compile of AirDC requires about 2GB of writing to the disk... and that must be done ofter :P ).

Read for example http://www.anandtech.com/show/2829/6 or http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html
maksis
Site Admin

Postby tbeer » 29 Sep 2019, 08:40

So how exactly should I change this please? My folders are in the E:\ disk ..

Code: Select all
<Boot>
   <!--
   LocalMode runs DC++ in local mode, where all defaults are relative to the ConfigPath set below.
   This is useful when running DC++ off a USB stick or if you want to keep all in a single folder.
   The default is to run in LocalMode, but upon the user's choice the installer can install a
   dcppboot.xml file that overrides the default.
   When LocalMode is disabled, ConfigPath is ignored.
   Set to 1 to enable, 0 to disable

-->
   <LocalMode>0</LocalMode>

<!--
   ConfigPath specifies where settings, queue and other runtime data should be saved.
   Relative paths are relative to the DC++ executable.
   You may use the following variables, which are interpreted on a per-user basis:

%[APPDATA] - Application data, typically c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\
   %[PERSONAL] - My documents

All % variables from strftime with the current time:
   http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_strftime.2c_.wcsftime.asp

<ConfigPath>.\</ConfigPath>
   -->

</Boot>
tbeer

Postby tbeer » 29 Sep 2019, 16:42

Nvm fixed it like this :)

Code: Select all
<Boot>
   <!--
   LocalMode runs DC++ in local mode, where all defaults are relative to the ConfigPath set below.
   This is useful when running DC++ off a USB stick or if you want to keep all in a single folder.
   The default is to run in LocalMode, but upon the user's choice the installer can install a
   dcppboot.xml file that overrides the default.
   When LocalMode is disabled, ConfigPath is ignored.
   Set to 1 to enable, 0 to disable

-->
   <LocalMode>1</LocalMode>
   <ConfigPath>E:\AIRDC\</ConfigPath>

<!--
   ConfigPath specifies where settings, queue and other runtime data should be saved.
   Relative paths are relative to the DC++ executable.
   You may use the following variables, which are interpreted on a per-user basis:

%[APPDATA] - Application data, typically c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\
   %[PERSONAL] - My documents

All % variables from strftime with the current time:
   http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_strftime.2c_.wcsftime.asp

<ConfigPath>E:\AIRDC\</ConfigPath>
   -->

</Boot>
tbeer

Return to The Help Desk