AirDC 2.4 BETA Bug

Talk about the public beta versions here (please put real bug reports in the bug report forum)

AirDC 2.4 BETA Bug

Postby Sir_BadEnglish » 22 Oct 2012, 23:27

The dupe color of the folders does not work correct.
In my case a folder in a filelist was bold green even when there was a light green subfolder in it.

Hope this is the right place for bugs in a beta version.
Regards....
Sir_BadEnglish

Re: AirDC 2.4 BETA Bug

Postby Racer » 23 Oct 2012, 11:34

The feature to search only your own filelist with ADL is gone/missing, I really loved that one.
used to be at: settings->Advanced-> Use adl on own filelist.
Racer

Postby maksis » 23 Oct 2012, 15:44

Sir_BadEnglish wrote:The dupe color of the folders does not work correct.
In my case a folder in a filelist was bold green even when there was a light green subfolder in it.

Regards....

Are you talking about a partial list? If the content of the folder isn't known, the color is determined by the folder name and the size. Could you post a screenshot showing that? It's also ok to send it via PM.

Racer wrote:The feature to search only your own filelist with ADL is gone/missing, I really loved that one.
used to be at: settings->Advanced-> Use adl on own filelist.

Click the "ADLSearch" button in your own filelist to match it (that's the only way to do it)
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Racer » 14 Nov 2012, 23:45

The dialog window that popup during start of airdc to inform about not beeing able to write due to missing admin rights is both faulty and missplaced.

1. Airdc do not require admin rights, just the ability to read/write files, which means that its enough that the user/usergroup thats logged on is owner of the folder and files. (this error has been there for previous versions as well)

2. The dialogbox gets placed behind the splashscreen.
Racer

Postby nifrit » 15 Nov 2012, 17:33

Not sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be like this or if I've missed a setting somewhere, but the drop down menu "File type" in the search window dosen't change backround color in acordance with the chosen color in settings, instead it just stays white.
nifrit

Postby maksis » 17 Nov 2012, 20:49

nifrit wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to be like this or if I've missed a setting somewhere, but the drop down menu "File type" in the search window dosen't change backround color in acordance with the chosen color in settings, instead it just stays white.

Will be fixed in the next beta

Racer wrote:The dialog window that popup during start of airdc to inform about not beeing able to write due to missing admin rights is both faulty and missplaced.

1. Airdc do not require admin rights, just the ability to read/write files, which means that its enough that the user/usergroup thats logged on is owner of the folder and files. (this error has been there for previous versions as well)

2. The dialogbox gets placed behind the splashscreen.

That's correct, the client shouldn't be run with admin rights as it disables certain functionality. The config should be placed in the user data folder really.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Sir_BadEnglish » 08 Jan 2013, 18:39

Sir_BadEnglish wrote:The dupe color of the folders does not work correct.

Regards....

This Bug is still in the stabile Version 2.40.
That´s why i still have to run the "old" Version.
Maksis, did you get the sceenshot showing it?
Sir_BadEnglish

Postby maksis » 08 Jan 2013, 19:27

Yes, I received the screenshot.

I need some kind of pattern of why it happens. Are you sharing a folder with the same name as those who get the wrong color? Are the queued and shared items mixed in those folders? Fully random bugs are difficult to fix.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Sir_BadEnglish » 08 Jan 2013, 20:28

It seems to happen in all Lists, and these are full Lists (downloaded by rightclick on username and "Get file list").
In such a List the coloring is sometimes right and sometimes not. It seems that it doesn´t matther what is in the folders (files only / folders only / both...)

The Quere is completely empty right now.

maksis wrote: Are you sharing a folder with the same name as those who get the wrong color?

Probably YES. The ones i checked at least, so i can´t be 100% sure. Does this make any difference? I thought this function looks only on the shared files, and not on the name of the shared folders.
Sir_BadEnglish

Postby maksis » 09 Jan 2013, 12:40

Sir_BadEnglish wrote:
maksis wrote: Are you sharing a folder with the same name as those who get the wrong color?

Probably YES. The ones i checked at least, so i can´t be 100% sure. Does this make any difference? I thought this function looks only on the shared files, and not on the name of the shared folders.

It shouldn't make any difference.

If you aren't able to find any pattern, you can send your DCPlusPlus.xml, Shares.xml and HashIndex.xml to me with a filelist that causes dupes go wrong.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby maksis » 11 Feb 2013, 13:11

Fixed in 2.43
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Sir_BadEnglish » 11 Feb 2013, 20:44

Thanks (Y)
Sir_BadEnglish

Return to Public Betas