2.07 Beta

Talk about the public beta versions here (please put real bug reports in the bug report forum)

2.07 Beta

Postby Night » 18 Sep 2010, 12:10

Client:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/airdc/files/2.07/AirDC_207_b8.7z/download

Source:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/airdc/files/2.07/trunk.7z/download

Note that this is only a beta release so it might contain bugs or some other annoyances :)

Code: Select all
#Removed Peerguardian
#Added Client password protection
#Added forbidding the share of DownloadDirectory
#Added tab icon change based on Reg/Op/Normal
#Added Disallow connection to hubs without password option
#Added Total Queue Size to Mainframe statusbar
#Added Bold Hub's Tabs on kick messages
#Added readd all sources to queue command
#sdc merge
#Small error Fixes
#added Search Skiplist
#Added Search Skiplist preset settings
#AutosearchPage = Search Page
#Using Stlport git
#Fixed Queuepriority change on restart
#added favorites.xml.bak to backup favorites file
#DC bzr fixes
#Fixed bug in startup refresh
#Added /Refresh path, ability to refresh part of share
#Added dropdown menu for refresh filelist in toolbar
#Totaltimeleft not show 0:00:00 when download not running.
#Option to disable refresh when use Sharepage Settings.
#Options to Choose between full refresh or partial refresh: only changed virtualnames.
#Icons folder in client contains icons to make client more customable with icons sets
#Added Option "Automatically add sources from search".
#File exists at target location error contains filename now.
Night
Site Admin

Re: 2.07 Beta

Postby Guest » 18 Sep 2010, 18:26

what core does this client base on ?

Postby Night » 20 Sep 2010, 18:59

old. that is why its a beta.. maybe having a little help for the updating and stuff so before that its like it is.
Night
Site Admin

Postby rezzy » 20 Sep 2010, 23:33

Hi

there is 2 things i dont like with this new beta. when u take someones file list or check the queue the expand and back button was before + and - now its a little strange arrow looking thing for that and it doesnt look nice when i use black background also the grey white lines thru download window like the line between Users | Hub/Segments
this line

the lines are i can live with but the arrows insted of + and - is annoying when using black background
rezzy
Beta Tester

Postby lawman » 21 Sep 2010, 15:50

i totaly agree to rezzzy,,

borowse shared folders with black or dark BG ar eimposible :S

can this be optional?
lawman

Postby Kringlan » 22 Sep 2010, 16:45

Thanks Night, appreciate it.

Toast wrote:what core does this client base on ?

Well, at least a step up from 2.06 i presume :)
Kringlan

Postby steve72 » 23 Sep 2010, 12:35

Really nice to see a new version. Great work.
steve72
Beta Tester

Postby Night » 23 Sep 2010, 15:04

well its kind of what we have now, long time since release just a few betas for testing and it worked ok atleast if see the bugreports, so will need to deal with new core and new bugs when have time to update the core fully.
Night
Site Admin

Postby DREAMS » 19 Oct 2010, 07:57

Tried the v2.07.b8, and something that still is a problem even from v2.06, is that when the airdc client hashes on its own, i also have to press the refresh filelist for it to show the new release in my share, that should be shown in my share when the hashing is done by airdc automaticaly.
That is something that i find verry poblematic, users do complain that when i have added a release to the hub, it can show up in my share 12-24h later if i dont refresh the share manually.
DREAMS

Postby DREAMS » 19 Oct 2010, 08:07

One more thing, we are using a radio script, it plays in the kickbar. And it should stay in the kickbar, but it doesn't. With these betas it shows up in both the kickbar and the mainchat, and this script updates every 2-3 minutes. My mainchat is full right now, so i will be going back to v2.06, but if this can be fixed untill the stabel release is released. Would be great.
DREAMS

Postby en_dator » 01 Nov 2010, 19:12

I know that there is an issue with hashing, sometimes a file doesnt show up in share until after the second refresh. If , however, it does not show up even after the second refresh, then something is wrong.

There are two settings that can have an effect on this , both are in settings / advanced tab. The last two options there , "Don't share empty directories" and "Only share fully hashed directories" might be causing problems ( i know it has done so in some of our betas although I think its been ok in the 2.07 betas).

I have the first unchecked and the last checked and it is working correctly here (except as I said above, sometimes it needs a second refresh to show when i check my own filelist).

[edit]

forgot the second question.

Yes there have been changes to what goes in kickbar and what goes in main, could you please show an example of what it is you think is not correct and specifically messages that show up both in main and on the kickbar.
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k - FlexHub - AirDC++
Because the world never was the same, and never will have been http://xkcd.com/394/
en_dator
Site Admin

Postby DREAMS » 05 Nov 2010, 00:38

I know that there is an issue with hashing, sometimes a file doesnt show up in share until after the second refresh. If , however, it does not show up even after the second refresh, then something is wrong.

Answer: When having the "dont share empty folders" on, in the systemlogg i can see it hashing, but thats all there is, i could wait untill tomorrow and i still cant see it in my share. So thats an issue for me, cause i like to share. But turning that option off, then my airdc client works like a charm..

Yes there have been changes to what goes in kickbar and what goes in main, could you please show an example of what it is you think is not correct and specifically messages that show up both in main and on the kickbar.

Answer: This is how it looks like. (i've erased some of the text so it looks a little funny, but you'll get the point)
The problem is that my mainchat gets full of these message that should stay in the kickbar.

Namnlös.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DREAMS

Postby DREAMS » 05 Nov 2010, 00:52

But im not gona say that it is airdc that makes it showing up in the mainchat.. cause it could be the script to.
So i will have to have a look at the script.. i can se that other hubs dont have this issue.. but i dont know if it is the script yet.
So i will get back on that...

Edit: So i found that it was the script who had a leak and it is now workin fine. Although i still cant recommend having this as a standard on the final release :)
But thats my oponion :) hope you'll take a look at the other issue i mentioned.

And one more issue i just found. Dont know if there is a button but i cant find it if there is one, but i use to right click on the airdc window in my Windows 7, and when right clicking on it, i could choose to "Close" but with v.2.07 this isnt possible?
DREAMS

Postby en_dator » 06 Nov 2010, 10:50

DREAMS wrote:
en_dator wrote:I know that there is an issue with hashing, sometimes a file doesnt show up in share until after the second refresh. If , however, it does not show up even after the second refresh, then something is wrong.

Answer: When having the "dont share empty folders" on, in the systemlogg i can see it hashing, but thats all there is, i could wait untill tomorrow and i still cant see it in my share. So thats an issue for me, cause i like to share. But turning that option off, then my airdc client works like a charm.

I'll add that setting to my list of things to test.

DREAMS wrote:
en_dator wrote:Yes there have been changes to what goes in kickbar and what goes in main, could you please show an example of what it is you think is not correct and specifically messages that show up both in main and on the kickbar.
DREAMS wrote:Answer: This is how it looks like. (i've erased some of the text so it looks a little funny, but you'll get the point)
The problem is that my mainchat gets full of these message that should stay in the kickbar.

As you see in you picture the radio messages are displayed without a nick or bot name, because of this the client assumes they are server messages and as such they should be displayed in main. Add a bot name or nick in the message and you will see that they do not show up in main anymore.

This is part of what has changed related to this types of messages, earlier only specific messages where shown as "server messages", now everything that doesnt have a proper nick will show as server messages.

DREAMS wrote:And one more issue i just found. Dont know if there is a button but i cant find it if there is one, but i use to right click on the airdc window in my Windows 7, and when right clicking on it, i could choose to "Close" but with v.2.07 this isnt possible?
I'm still on XP here so I leave it to other with Win7 to confirm this.
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k - FlexHub - AirDC++
Because the world never was the same, and never will have been http://xkcd.com/394/
en_dator
Site Admin

Postby DREAMS » 06 Nov 2010, 12:26

So a new problem has occured, i have had my AirDC on the last 18.5 Hours, and now it has stopped showing the new releases in my share even though it in the systemlog is hashing them. But it doesnt show in my share untill i manualy update my share on the "refresh filelist".
DREAMS

Postby Night » 06 Nov 2010, 13:25

disable only share fully hashed. will most likely be removed anyways.
Night
Site Admin

Postby DREAMS » 06 Nov 2010, 15:38

Night wrote:disable only share fully hashed. will most likely be removed anyways.

And i who find that option handy.. but alright :)
DREAMS

Postby Night » 06 Nov 2010, 18:41

most likely that is causing the problems, i think there was some discussion about it earlier and as i recall it was that option causing it.
but report back anyways :)
Night
Site Admin

Postby DREAMS » 07 Nov 2010, 19:21

Have had AirDc on for de last 31 hours, with that thing disabled and it hashes everything nicely :)
DREAMS

Postby Night » 25 Nov 2010, 17:48

Postby rezzy » 21 Sep 2010, 01:33
Hi

there is 2 things i dont like with this new beta. when u take someones file list or check the queue the expand and back button was before + and - now its a little strange arrow looking thing for that and it doesnt look nice when i use black background also the grey white lines thru download window like the line between Users | Hub/Segments
this line

the lines are i can live with but the arrows insted of + and - is annoying when using black background

in 2.07 -> there is option in appearancepage "use explorer theme in treeview and listviews" that changes the "arrow" behaviour among other things.. those "arrows" are explorer theme related.
Night
Site Admin

Return to Public Betas