AirDC and ICY BOX IB-3640SU3

If you find any bugs, please post in here. Bugs in the Linux version should be reported on Github.

AirDC and ICY BOX IB-3640SU3

Postby Nimbus2500TDI » 06 Jan 2020, 00:44

Yo !?

I found a bug :geek:

I am using a ICY BOX IB-RD3640SU3 : https://www.raidsonic.de/products/exter ... 80#support

Its a handy little External HDD Enclosure for up to 4 HDD's. JOBD and RAID (in my case).
Its a Plug & Play AND Hot Swap thing. Wich means I can switch HDD's without turning my PC off!

To Hot Swap HDD's I MUST do the following (Win10):

Rightclick on the arrow down right in the corner next to the clock and other icons, click on the "Safely remove Hardware and Eject Media", Eject the device, w8 until the device goes off, then turn off the device entierley by holding the power button for a few seconds. Then I can switch HDD('s) and turn on the device again..

Now im sharing stuff directly from the HDD's inside this device .. so when I want to "Safely remove Hardware and Eject Media" I must turn of AirDC++ first, otherwise I get a warning that "the device is currently in use" etc. So I do that ..

I regulary copy over stuff from my internal HDD's to my OFFLINE HDD's by taking out one of the HDD's inside my Icy Box, put in one of my OFFLINE HDD's and copy over what I want.. and then take out the OFFLINE HDD again and put back in the HDD that was there first. (I have 4 HDD's that I always keep inside the Icy Box and share from, and when I want to copy something to one of my 15 OFFLINE HDD's I thus need to make room and take out one of the HDD's that's always inside until I have copied over what I want.)

After im done copying, and have put everything back like it was before I turned off AirDC .. and turn on AirDC
again .. it freezes for 4 minutes at startup at hashing/refreshing files!
And it doesn't freeze onley the first time I turn on AirDC after switching HDD's in my Icy Box, it does so up to 9 next times I start or restart AirDC after I switched HDD's inside IcyBox.. it freezes (not responding) for 4 minutes!?
Nimbus2500TDI

Re: AirDC and ICY BOX IB-3640SU3

Postby Nimbus2500TDI » 06 Jan 2020, 06:37

Looks like airdc picks up the event.. gets the notion of the event from the pc.. then starts to look what has been changed... but nothing is changed

So he freeses thinking for 4 min
Nimbus2500TDI

Postby maksis » 06 Jan 2020, 10:20

Nimbus2500TDI wrote:Looks like airdc picks up the event.. gets the notion of the event from the pc..

Which event? Isn't the app closed for the whole time while you are doing your operation?

During which screen does the application freeze...?
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Nimbus2500TDI » 06 Jan 2020, 14:20

'Which event? Isn't the app closed for the whole time while you are doing your operation?'

Yes that's exacly my question too.. but it does freeze.. after startup and after or during the refreshing part
Nimbus2500TDI

Postby maksis » 06 Jan 2020, 19:05

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=447

There are instructions for getting information from a frozen client (just make sure that the application is frozen during that)
maksis
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports