[FIXED] Searching for Path within Results (v2.51-x64 0.825)

If you find any bugs, please post in here. Bugs in the Linux version should be reported on Github.

[FIXED] Searching for Path within Results (v2.51-x64 0.825)

Postby DaWolfman » 14 Aug 2013, 16:44

Hi,

My problem is regarding the use of searching for a folder within a group of searched results. For example, I want only the results that have a folder containing the name 'Proof' inside of the directories I have current search results of, to appear in the results listing.

Using Path in the 'Search in results' does obtain this result -- assuming Path is supposed to be the same as searching for a directory. If that's not correct, then I want to request this post be treated as a feature request, and request 'Directory' be added as an option to Search for inside the results.

Thanks, and always appreciating your hard work. :)
DaWolfman

Re: Searching for Path within Results (v2.51-x64 0.825)

Postby DaWolfman » 14 Aug 2013, 16:56

Just noticed something about the way this currently works.

If I search for a directory using Any as the File type, searching in the results for a directory will not work. But, if I change the search to use Directory as the File type, afterward searching inside the results for a directory like "Proof" works with search in results options of either File or Path.
DaWolfman

Postby maksis » 14 Aug 2013, 18:44

AirDC++ 2.60 has a new filter that should work properly. Please try the beta version when it becomes available (I can't give any time estimation though).
maksis
Site Admin

Postby maksis » 08 Sep 2013, 15:43

The beta is now available and I assume that this bug has been fixed in it
maksis
Site Admin

Re: [FIXED] Searching for Path within Results (v2.51-x64 0.8

Postby DaWolfman » 09 Sep 2013, 17:34

Hey maksis,

Thanks for addressing the issues. When the download is available, I'll report back with feedback on the issue. You replied the Beta is available, but I am not able to locate the download link inside the Download page or the BETA 2.60 post.
DaWolfman

Postby maksis » 09 Sep 2013, 19:45

See it now
maksis
Site Admin

Postby DaWolfman » 11 Sep 2013, 03:36

Hey maksis. Got it this afternoon. I'll post some thoughts right in here..

First, it took me a while because it rehashed my whole share on launch. Not sure if it's supposed to do that, but I let it go through the process. I upgraded from the latest stable version.

Second, I was surprised with the search. It took me a while to see the 'search within' feature had been moved under the results listing. I gave it a run, and it seems somewhat effective. There is one problem that seems to have continued from the last version. When I search using 'Any' as the file type, the listing for certain directories becomes much smaller or returns nothing. If I change the search to use 'Directory', then I can use the filter to find directories like 'Proof' and it shows many more users having the files.

I noticed changes to the Favorite Users listing to, which seems cool. I'll play with it a little more when I can and give more thoughts if you'd like.

Nice work. :)
DaWolfman

Postby maksis » 11 Sep 2013, 11:16

DaWolfman wrote:First, it took me a while because it rehashed my whole share on launch. Not sure if it's supposed to do that, but I let it go through the process. I upgraded from the latest stable version.

Refreshed or rehashed? Did you use the portable version? It might have changed your settings location if they were previously in the Documents folder.

DaWolfman wrote:There is one problem that seems to have continued from the last version. When I search using 'Any' as the file type, the listing for certain directories becomes much smaller or returns nothing. If I change the search to use 'Directory', then I can use the filter to find directories like 'Proof' and it shows many more users having the files.

The listing becomes smaller when comparing to using the "Directory" type or when comparing to older versions? The number of search results from a single user is limited and "Any" will most likely return files from the matching directory before getting into directories.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby DaWolfman » 11 Sep 2013, 15:37

maksis wrote:Refreshed or rehashed? Did you use the portable version? It might have changed your settings location if they were previously in the Documents folder.

Rehashed. I checked if I downloaded the portable version, and I did not. The file I downloaded was AirDC_Installer_2.60_r1702_x64.exe. I'm using Windows 7 SP1.

The listing becomes smaller when comparing to using the "Directory" type or when comparing to older versions? The number of search results from a single user is limited and "Any" will most likely return files from the matching directory before getting into directories.

That assessment makes perfect sense to me. And, it does work the way I was hoping when using the Directory type, so I'm pleased.

Thanks again!
DaWolfman

Return to Bug Reports