[FIXED] ADL search list vanishes

If you find any bugs, please post in here. Bugs in the Linux version should be reported on Github.

[FIXED] ADL search list vanishes

Postby durumdara » 11 Mar 2013, 17:20

Hi!

More times I experienced that ADL search list contains 0 elements, so all of my items lost I typed before...
The XML was 172 KB long, but after these days I found this file with 0 byte size.
Maybe in some situation the ADL file saving failed?

Regards: dd
durumdara

Re: ADL search list vanishes

Postby maksis » 12 Mar 2013, 15:01

Yes, it's likely that something went wrong while saving (have you had system crashes?)
maksis
Site Admin

Postby durumdara » 13 Mar 2013, 09:09

Not at all. None of it I have.
But I experienced that ADC closing process is very slow - maybe because of big queue...
durumdara

Postby durumdara » 16 Mar 2013, 21:20

May I got the answer...

In some cases the disk space was too low to ADC save the states.
Possible ADC created the file, but could not save it, so on the end it lost the information...

It would be better if we can set a "spare" folder (in other drive) to avoid the data loose...
(On the ADC closing it would check the disk space, and if it is low that it would ask for the new folder to save the main information...)
durumdara

Postby maksis » 17 Mar 2013, 16:23

durumdara wrote:May I got the answer...

In some cases the disk space was too low to ADC save the states.
Possible ADC created the file, but could not save it, so on the end it lost the information...

It would be better if we can set a "spare" folder (in other drive) to avoid the data loose...
(On the ADC closing it would check the disk space, and if it is low that it would ask for the new folder to save the main information...)

Creating regular backups is a basic thing with preserving any type of information. What you propose as solution is very much out of question because of code simplicity and performance reasons (and AirDC++ isn't meant to be a backup software).

But losing a xml file in those cases is something different, and it needs to be investigated.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby maksis » 17 Mar 2013, 16:47

Saving the ADL search file is made in an improper way as it won't create any backup file first
maksis
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports