Alert sounds not working

If you find any bugs, please post in here. Bugs in the Linux version should be reported on Github.

Alert sounds not working

Postby 4C3T » 24 Oct 2020, 18:32

Hi.
Did an upgrade to the latest version, from the former.
I can't say if it's a recent problem, since I usually have the quiet mode (Win 10-feature) so it normally doesn't make sounds in that mode, and lately I've disabled that, so it runs normally.

Anyway, I noticed from a PM that it played the normal sound for Windows-notifications, so I went to investigate, and not only didn't it find the file (did find the right drive, but a few directories short of where the preset (by me) file were), which could happen for various reasons. I re-selected the file, but it couldn't play it.

Also worth mentioning is that the folder is located on a network drive (Mounted as Z:\), along with the entire documents folder structure (Which from time to time causes shutdowns due to high-traffic issues).

Added to that, the current uptime of the computer is 23 days, with a a couple of those crashes, but otherwise quite stable (apart from Firefox stealing lots of memory and resources due to many open tabs, and has to be restarted every now and then).

I'm running Windows 2019 Server on a Dell PowerEdge with dual Xeon processors, if that might be of any use in the context.

Just thought it might be a bug.
I can't reboot the computer right now, but if it persists when I do a reboot, I will remove this post.
4C3T

Re: Alert sounds not working

Postby 4C3T » 25 Oct 2020, 21:07

Did a reboot a couple of hours ago, and still no change.

Just came to think of it, but about a month ago, perhaps, there was an update which I installed, I think.
Since then, maybe, it stopped working. Don't really know when this error occurred since I'm normally using the silent mode.
4C3T

Return to Bug Reports