Propose your ideas

Talk about and discuss anything thats on your mind

Propose your ideas

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 11:52

Hi people just wanted to share relevant information regarding ADC Development

We recently updated our mediawiki installation and now that its updated i decided to rewamp the proposal list so that mr. Ullner gets a good tool when looking at extensions to include in the protocol.

Proposed Extensions

The idea is that everyone with an wiki account helps out and adds and removes ideas if they are included or denied entry and we use the protocol idea forum on adcportal as an official place if you wanna add just the spec or a link to the spec thats fine as long as it gets posted there so Ullner doesnt have to chase the idea over the net.

Hope this will improve development and document who did what in the future :)

Re: Propose your ideas

Postby maksis » 05 Dec 2010, 13:16

Specs are quite trivial if there are only few hubs using ADC
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2010, 14:19

in due time there will be more so its better to have said where official documentation takes place rather then everyone doing their own thing and trivial or not 95% of all dc developers make features for adc there are very few nmdc devs left out there so its only a matter of time

Postby maksis » 06 Dec 2010, 21:09

Toast wrote:in due time there will be more so its better to have said where official documentation takes place rather then everyone doing their own thing and trivial or not 95% of all dc developers make features for adc there are very few nmdc devs left out there so its only a matter of time

And how soon will that happen? One year? Two years? I doubt that the users will read the ADC specs and only join ADC hubs because of that. The hub owners can make the protocol widely used by switching to ADC hubsofts but I don't see that benefits benefit by doing it. Maybe for some private hub owners who'd like to have encryption, otherwise it just means losing users. The most popular hubsofts (according to DCHublist stats) will most likely never release and I don't see any actively developed ADC hubsoft that could become popular. Sure you can try forcing them to switch to ADC, but that would become a loss for the protocol since the hubs should adopt ADC by themselves if it's that much better.
maksis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2010, 00:52

if your only intent is to troll this thread i haven't really got the time to waste on it so if you have any real input to this topic else refrain from mindless static comments

Postby Night » 07 Dec 2010, 04:30

well yes.. the future is not only up to the devs, im afraid would need some hubowners too, so some good points but lets not start it here :)
Night
Site Admin

Return to The Round Table