Source repository?

Talk about and discuss anything thats on your mind

Re: Source repository?

Postby doob » 06 Oct 2013, 19:43

Thanks. I have everything compiling and linking now. BTW, the preprocessor identifier for Mac OS X is __APPLE__.
doob

Postby maksis » 06 Oct 2013, 21:47

doob wrote:the preprocessor identifier for Mac OS X is __APPLE__.

I'll blame the Eiskalt guys for that
maksis
Site Admin

Postby doob » 08 Oct 2013, 19:40

maksis wrote:http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-subwcrev.html

I was more wondering how it's generated on Linux. Or how I can generate it on Mac OS X. Using shell script or similar.
doob

Postby maksis » 08 Oct 2013, 20:10

I'm not aware of any way to do that. I'm going to use Git for AirDC++ nano which will require changes in the versioning. Possibly it would be a good idea to switch to Git also with the Windows version. The build number has been moved into a separate file in the latest rev so it should be simple to generate in many ways :p
maksis
Site Admin

Postby doob » 10 Oct 2013, 20:23

maksis wrote:I'm not aware of any way to do that.

As far as I can understand "version.h.template" is a template which generate "version.h". What I can see the only thing that is a variable in that file is "$WCREV$", looking like this:

Code: Select all
#define SVNVERSION "$WCREV$"

I assume that "$WCREV$" will be replaced with the current SVN revision. That's no problem, that's easy to do with a shell script.

I'm going to use Git for AirDC++ nano which will require changes in the versioning. Possibly it would be a good idea to switch to Git also with the Windows version. The build number has been moved into a separate file in the latest rev so it should be simple to generate in many ways :p

Excellent choice. I'm already using Git via "git svn" :D. The Git corresponding to SVNVERSION would be a SHA-1 hash, I guess. VERSIONSTRING could be a variable as well and set by the latest Git tag, which I recommend should be used for all releases.
doob

Postby maksis » 23 Oct 2013, 19:47

doob wrote:Excellent choice. I'm already using Git via "git svn" :D. The Git corresponding to SVNVERSION would be a SHA-1 hash, I guess. VERSIONSTRING could be a variable as well and set by the latest Git tag, which I recommend should be used for all releases.

Yes, and the client also needs something numeric for the updater (currently the total commit count). I also made an ugly shell script for generating the Git version that is in the repository :p
maksis
Site Admin

Postby doob » 16 Nov 2013, 11:24

Cool, thanks.
doob

Previous

Return to The Round Table