continue or not...

Ideas how to improve the site? Post them here

continue or not...

Postby Night » 13 Feb 2010, 23:37

as it seems airdc++ is nothing but a "attemp be" fuldc copy should we really even continue working on it..?
to be clear im not a real developer who knows it all... im learning c++ while doing it... as long as its fun it works..
but there are other mods around that seem to follow the expectesions and "standards" more so where is the point on doing this..?
or should switch to private only and work for private hubs and for nmdc protocoll...?
Night
Site Admin

Re: continue or not...

Postby alehk » 14 Feb 2010, 09:53

well I say continue..I hate all the other clients out there...they are uggly and don't behave like the way I like them to do! and if we switch to work for private hubs thats fine by me..im never in public hubs so thats not a down side more a plus

+Private hubs and nmdc
alehk
Beta Tester

Postby Kringlan » 14 Feb 2010, 11:53

I'd just like to say that your work is much appreciated. Although fuldc was nice in its time I've never looked back. AirDC++ seems to be the best client out there for me and it's always fun to follow the progress. I'd like to see you continue, but it's your time and energy... I hope you'll still find it fun an challenging.
Kringlan

Postby whinner » 14 Feb 2010, 18:13

Well, I havnt been here so long, but from my point of view: AirDC is the best client. The "tab" concept of all other clients is totally useless. The "TABBED" layout is so static. Nothing can be done/seen in parallel.

From my point of view, Night, keep up the good work. You really contribute and help ppl. However, IMHO, I have NOT seen anything of what Toast has done. The only thing I can see are insults and bad attitude.
whinner

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2010, 20:22

whinner my contributions exceed "client" only visual stuff since the things i do is underneath but u can thank me for getting nattrav into dc (initial proposer) in general that means passive to passive connection is gonna work in the future on adc hubs along with fixing a serious exploit for xml parser,so next time u wanna try n take a cheep shot at me u pissant think again until then have a merry go fuck yourself :)

as for nights drama well if he quits drinkin n starts thinking im not the one to hold a grudge ;)

Postby whinner » 14 Feb 2010, 20:53

Well,

plonk :) Another post into the wall by Toast... Nice to have a friend foe function. You NEVER need to bother with his posts.

So, I recommend that EVERYONE set "TOAST" as foe.
whinner

Postby CanRaps » 14 Feb 2010, 21:26

I'm not a techinical guy no expert at anything, I'm just a user but i really like AirDC for its features..I hope you keep up the good work and don't let this die..props
CanRaps

Postby HotWhiP » 19 Feb 2010, 15:01

+1 @ cANrAPS :)
HotWhiP

Postby Maicom » 19 Feb 2010, 21:18

make poll...... 1 vote for "switch to private only and work for private hubs and for nmdc protocoll"
###############################
Finnish Fast*Speed Network
###############################

I'm gonna download until there is nothing left to download...
Maicom
Beta Tester

Postby Rocksteady » 23 Mar 2010, 10:42

I completely agree with Kringlan, that fulDC was nice in its day, but the way I see it, all good things must inevitably come to an end. Whether or not you decide to continue development of AirDC is completely up to you, as it is your time and energy. I appreciate the client very much and I can't really imagine which client would fill the gap in the event that AirDC should be discontinued.

Also: whinner, I back you 100% on the subject of Toast. I see no contributions whatsoever to this forum by Toast. Just a pissy old f*g that needs to chill the f*ck out and stop his bitching.
Toast: before you start bitching again, I don't care if you've contributed a lot to the development or even did the entire protocol all by yourself. There's still a code of conduct that should be followed. If you don't like people asking stupid questions, just f*cking ignore them or something. This is a help forum and a development forum. Nothing will ever be helped or developed if we all start acting like a 9 year old spoiled kid whenever something doesn't suit our special little world. With an attitude like that, you can't have many friends, if any at all. Get over yourself, you douche!
Rocksteady

Postby Guest » 23 Mar 2010, 17:57

awnn harsh words funny funny stuff indirectly i always contribute just check changelogs etc on sdc and dcpp so i know your just having your 2 secs in the spotlight so allow me to say it right back fuck u too prick and grow da fuck up n learn to not be a n00b :)

and ps. if always better to be a douche then a fucking asshole :D

as for air continuing or not i really dont give the slightest fuck if it does i can also copy paste its teh shit

Postby Rocksteady » 23 Mar 2010, 20:44

As I said, I don't care whether or not you contribute to the coding of the universe. What I said, could essentially be boiled down to: I don't like your general attitude towards people and towards criticism of you.

If I'm a noob or not, does not have anything to do with the above. I'm grateful that other people want to use their spare time to code new clients and hubsoft, and I don't want to disrespect neither their nor your work, because I think you're all doing a terrific job with the coding. I couldn't do that myself.

As for growing up, I don't think I'm the one that needs to grow up, and if you look real close at what you just said, you might get an idea of who does. If you do, but can't figure it out, I will gladly elaborate, just say the word.
Rocksteady

Postby Myth » 24 Mar 2010, 12:54

This topic is now closed. If Night or someone else wants to reopen it, to continue on-topic discussion, be my quest but from the last two replies I can see pretty clearly where this topic will be heading if continued.

As for the actual subject of the topic, I believe Night can make his own decision about it and probably already has by now...

Bet regards,
Myth
Myth
Beta Tester

Return to Site suggestions